Sunday, September 26, 2010

16 weeks!

My last post showed the bedding/theme that I want for our nursery, and I have found quite a few of the items on ebay.  I also found a woman who has almost every piece, and she is putting together a group of items for me to buy.  So I should have everything soon!  I received the clock and the mobile the other day, and the cute little lambs on the mobile made me tear up.  Lol.


Today I cleaned out the rest of the nursery, so now we can start figuring out paint colors and furniture.  I think we will probably clean the carpet in there too.  Steve just has to move a few items out, but everything else is done!  I started a few weeks ago and ran out of energy, so I was very happy to get it done today.

We had a doctor appt on Friday, the 24th, and everything still looks great.  The second my dr placed the doppler on my belly, we heard the heartbeat.  Not like last time when she couldn't find it on that at all.  Then she did an ultrasound to check the length of my cervix, and she said it is perfect, so we don't have to worry about me having a cerclage!  Yay!  We got a few pictures, and one really freaks me out!  Looks like an alien baby!
Baby's head on left, with hand waving hello in the middle

Alien baby.  Head on left again, and that's an eye socket and mouth!
I am getting a real belly now.  16 weeks exactly here.

How pregnant am I?:  16 weeks, 3 days

Weight gain so far:  Well, as of Thursday, when I was 16 weeks, I had still only gained 4 lbs.  Then Friday I was +6 lbs.  Then Saturday I was +7lbs.  I stopped weighing myself after that.  Maybe I will again at 17 weeks, we'll see!

Belly Button:  No change from a couple of weeks ago

Clothing options:  Wearing more and more maternity pants.  It's just more comfortable.  I am having problems with shirts though, because my old ones are too short, but the maternity shirts are way too long.  I might just go back to Nordstroms and buy some regular shirts that are in the longer styles to get me thru the next couple months.

Boobs:  Not sore anymore, and they don't seem so huge.  Guess I've gotten used to them.

Now about the real star of the show:  Baby Nichols went from an orange to an avocado to a turnip.  He or she is growing toenails and is now pumping 25 quarts of blood each day.  Baby is also gaining body fat, soon to be cute chubby hamhock legs like mommy's were.  The coolest thing, is that baby can now hear, so Steve has been talking to it a lot.  Supposedly I should feel it move soon too!  Baby can also detect light, but it's eyelids are still sealed shut.  And it is probably sucking its thumb.

Pregnancy "symptoms":   Nothing really this week.  Last week, I had some GI bug or something, and was having horrible pain/bloating all week long.  Then after about 6 days it disappeared.  My OB doesn't think it had to do with the baby.  I probably just ate something that irritated my intestines.  That was the worst thing so far.  This last week I felt pretty good.  I even got in 2 days of 1 hr walks, which I really need to do more often!

Cravings:  Sweets, which I am now going to cut back on.

What I've bought so far:  More maternity clothes, an UdderCover (only had to pay shipping, got it for free!) and the mobile, clock, a photo frame and window valances, all from the nursery collection that we will have.

Best moment this week:  Having Steve kiss my belly and talk to baby every day.

What I miss:  Still wine.  And being able to sleep on my belly or back.  I always end up on my side and it makes my hips and legs ache.

What I am excited for this week:  To feel the baby move, hopefully it will be this week!

1 comment:

  1. Ultrasounds are the best piece of mind. If you contact paper them they will not turn yellow and will last longer.

    You look great, very happy and hope you feel the baby really soon. Best feeling in the world. :) The nursery theme is a great pick. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete