Monday, January 3, 2011

Holidays

Wow, I can't believe that Christmas and New Years came and went already!  I remember during the summer, thinking that once I got thru the holidays, this baby would almost be here!  And time flew!

The week before Christmas, we had quite a few events.  I was so tired by the day after Christmas that I didn't move all day Sunday.  I think I even stayed in my PJs all day.  We had a work party for Steve on the Sunday before Christmas, and another one the Thursday before Christmas.  It was also Kevin's birthday, so we went out to celebrate at the Ladyface Alehouse.  I had some amazing bread pudding that I can't wait to go have again.  I think we even went to trivia night that Tuesday too.  I don't know how I did it!  

For Christmas Eve we went to my parents house as usual.  The whole Anschultz clan and extended family were there, plus Steve's parents, and Aunt Sue.  It was loud and fun and all the kids had a blast.  I didn't overeat, which was a miracle.  But I managed to sample just about everything.  Christmas morning, Steve and I exchanged gifts, then Steve and Tina came over to our place for our gift exchange. Then we packed up and went to my parents house to exchange with them.  We really got soiled this year.  We got tons of gift cards, a changing table, a bookshelf for the living room, an entry way mirror/shelf, baby stuff, and all sorts of other little things.  We are lucky to have so many people who love us!

Next we headed to The Odyssey in Granada Hills for brunch.  This was our first time here, as we have gone to the 94th Aero Squadron in Van Nuys for at least the last 12 years, maybe longer.  I thought that the food was much better, and the view was really nice.  Here's a couple of pictures from after brunch.  I didn't realize how huge I am beginning to look until I saw these!



The next week, Steve started to paint the nursery.  He did a little each day, and it's almost done.  Because of our high ceiling (wooden beams that are painted), it is a real pain.  So he had to edge with a paint brush, and you can't really tape off the ceiling because it won't stick.  I felt bad that I couldn't help, but he refused.  So we painted the top 2/3 yellow, and the bottom 1/3 sage green.  It came out really nice.  We put up a wallpaper border in the middle to separate the two.  Now he just needs to paint the baseboards, the window, and the trim around the door.  

This past weekend was New Years, and we went to Kevin and Sarah's to hang out with friends.  She made homemade lasagna, a few friends made some appetizers, we took over garlic bread and lemon meringue pie (special of the month at Marie Callendars, fyi!) and we just hung out, played games, and caught up on life.  Watched the ball drop, wished each other a happy new year, and then went home.  Definitely a fun mellow night. 

I spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, but also put the crib together and got all the bedding on it, with the help of my mom.  It looks fantastic, and I am super excited.  I will try to take a picture and post it soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment