Monday, January 3, 2011

30 weeks!

Well, I finally found some time to blog in the current week, instead of playing catch up!


How pregnant am I?:  3o weeks, 4 days

Weight gain so far:  As of week 30 exactly, I had gained 27.5.  Which was exactly what I weighed the week before.  It's the first time I didn't gain weight, and I don't know how I managed to do that over Christmas!  But I did spend the previous two weeks going to the gym 4 times per week.  I slacked over the holiday, but I plan on getting back in there this week again.  I have to if I want to continue eating all the sweets that I am craving!

Belly Button:  Flat, but still not an outtie

Clothing options:  Few and far between.  I outgrew some of my maternity clothes.  I basically live in jeans, leggings and sweaters now.  I am not even that huge, but I think some of the styles I bought were only good for the first and second trimester.  Oh well, live and learn.

Boobs:  Ginormous.  See pictures from Christmas morning in previous post.  I can't imagine what they are gonna look like once this baby arrives!

Now about the real star of the show:  This baby is a mover and a shaker.  I keep wondering if there is such thing as TOO MUCH movement.  It jabs me all over, but mostly on the right side.  I swear it thinks that there is an escape route over there.  And of course, whenever I want to relax, it wants to play.  I kinda poke it back in when it jabs me now, and then it jabs me some where else.  At this point, the baby is approx. a whopping 3 lbs!  It's huge!  No wonder I feel so big.  It's brain is developing grooves now, instead of being smooth.  It's putting on more fat, and so it's skin is changing from red to pink.  It's also losing its lanugo.  Baby has eyelashes, and it's eyes are open now.  It might suck its thumb, and it swallows and hiccups all the time.  The food that it is now compared to is a head of cabbage (based on weight).

Pregnancy "symptoms":   I feel the baby moving all the time now.  I am also hungrier.  My back aches, my hips ache, and I am much slower than I used to be.  I also waddle.  Oy.  But overall, I still don't have too much to complain about.  My back is the worst part, but I've always had back problems, so I'll survive.

Cravings:  Sweets still

What I've bought so far:  Well nothing recently, but we did get a ton of gifts for Christmas.  We got our baby monitor, the changing table, books, toys, stuffed animals, baby converse from my brother, a photo album, and some clothes.

Best moment this week:  Seeing the room painted, and the crib all set up.

What I miss:  Wine, walking normally, my energy

What I am excited for this week:  My birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment