Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby Showers

Last weekend Vanessa came to visit and I had my "friends" baby shower.  On Friday night Steve, Vanessa and I went to Blue Stove and had the best cheese platter appetizer.  I want to go back and eat it every week.  

Then on Saturday we had my baby shower.  It was about 25 people, and I had a lot of fun.  It was really warm, like 80 degrees, which I would normally love.  But it was so hot in our house!  We had champagne punch, sandwiches, orzo salad, a cheese platter and a yummy cake from the woman who made our wedding cake.  My parents and Steve's parents helped a ton.  Even so, I was still exhausted after it.  We got all kinds of lovely gifts, some things from the registry, some cute outfits, blankets, etc.  We got a few really neat homemade items, like blankets and burp cloths.  It was so great to have all of my girlfriends in one place!  Wish I saw all of them more often.

Sunday morning we went to the Side Street Cafe, which I had never been to.  It was really good, and I plan on going back soon!  Then I took Vanessa to the airport and we stopped at BRU on the way.  I returned a couple of duplicate items I got, and bought some clothes for the baby.  After I got home, I did 3 loads of laundry, and hung everything up and folded it all.  And Steve built the changing table.  The baby's room is really coming along!

Then yesterday we had my "family" shower.  Basically a duplicate of the week before, but with family and a few friends.  The running joke is that I am just gonna have a party every weekend.  I had a really great time, and the weather was beautiful again.  We got some big items on the registry, like the car seat, the stroller, and the pack and play.  And a breast pump is on it's way.  So now we have all of the big items.  All of our family and friends were so generous.  We got soooo much stuff for baby!  There is still some stuff I want to get, but I feel like if the baby came tonight, we are almost set. 

Steve and his friend Clint went to Utah from Wednesday until Saturday.  They went snowboarding and stayed with Steve's cousins.  Sounds like they had a really great time.  And the baby stayed put while he was gone, so that was great.  Here's my cute happy husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment