Monday, February 28, 2011

38 weeks

Wow, I wasn't sure I'd make it this far.  I really thought this baby might come really early, since I have been measuring so big all along.  This week I am 38 weeks pregnant, which is one week past what is considered full term.  So if this baby decides to come, they won't stop my labor, and we will be having a baby!  Our bags are packed, the car seat is in the car, and we are ready for baby!

Last week at my 37 week appt, I was measuring 40 weeks!  Wholy cow!  Again, people are still telling me that I look really small, but I don't think so.  My doctor was like, "no way, you are ready to deliver this kid now!"  Baby's heartbeat is great, it is still kicking and rolling and punching me all over.  She says that she thinks/hopes that I will go into labor before my due date.  I really don't want to get to a point where the baby is too big for me to deliver.  I'd like to avoid a C-section!  But you never know.  Doctors measurements can always be off, so let's hope!

We went to a really nice dinner at Cafe 14 last week, thinking maybe it would be our last date night before baby.  As usual, we had great food, great service, and a great night.  They even brought us a yummy free dessert with a candle to celebrate.  Hopefully we will get out on a date there again soon after baby is born.

We also had the house cleaned for the last time before baby, and we took the cats to the vet for their annual  checkup.  Glad to have that marked off the list!  They are healthy and great and have no problems.  Last thing on the list is to get our tax papers together and get them done.  I really need this done because I need to file for financial aid for nursing school, and I can't until our taxes are done.

The day before I was 38 weeks, I decided to go get a massage since my back is still the most annoying part of this pregnancy.  I am soooo happy that I did.  I went to my chiropractors office, and there is a new masseuse there, and she is an expert at prenatal massage.  She teaches it, along with infant massage. Which I will take a class in after the baby arrives.  Anyway, it was an awesome deep tissue (as much as she could) massage, and she worked on trigger points too, trying to stimulate labor to start.  We'll see if it works.  I scheduled another one with her next week, but I am praying the baby is here by then!

Last thing is, at my 38 week appt last Friday, she checked me again for progress.  I am now 2-3 cm and 50% effaced.  I think I had some contractions earlier in the week, but I am not positive.  But I guess I must have if I am more dilated.  So yay for that!  She told me that she doesn't think I will make it to my appt next week.  But if I do, we are going to talk about inducing me on March 4th.  I am pretty against inducing and messing with mother nature, but I am somewhat worried that if I don't, I won't have a chance to deliver this baby naturally.  We'll see what kind of mood I am in if I am still pregnant next week.

Here's my 38 week pics.  I don't realize just how big I am until I look at these.  I am huge!  Maybe these pics will be my last ones?!



No comments:

Post a Comment