Monday, February 28, 2011

38 week update - Last one?!



How pregnant am I?:  38 weeks, 4 days


Weight gain so far:  43 pounds.  Wish it weren't so many, but nothing I can do now!  I have been eating pretty healthy, although I could have exercised more.  But I am sure I will lose it all.  It is what it is!

Belly Button:  Sort of an outtie.  Not very attractive, with my scars from my laparoscopy and my piercing. 

Clothing options:  Yoga pants and a nursing tank.  Or a long sleeve shirt.  That's about all I wear.  If I leave the house, I manage to put on jeans sometimes.  But I can't wear bras anymore, because my belly pushes my boobs up to my chin, lol.  So I have been living in a nursing tank.  And I can only wear flip flops or Uggs, and even those are getting tight.  Thank goodness I am almost done!

Boobs:  Huge.  Although they seem bigger because my belly pushes them up.  Lol.

Now about the real star of the show:  This kid is officially a watermelon, the last fruit of my pregnancy!  And boy, does my belly look like it has a watermelon in it.  It could be as big as 7 lbs at this point (or 8 or 9 according to my doc!) and about 19 to 22 inches in length.  That's a big thing to carry in your belly!  It's a wonder I have no stretch marks yet!  The baby is pretty much ready to go.  Lungs should be developed, it's losing the vernix that was protecting its skin, and it should be a "normal" color now, since it should have plenty of fat and chub!  Basically, it can come out and play now!  Hear that baby?!?  Come out!

Pregnancy "symptoms":  Swelling of my feet, which is pretty bad.  I still waddle.  I feel like someone's head is slamming into my cervix, which is probably exactly what is happening.  I have heartburn a lot now, and I feel really sorry for people who have this on a regular basis.  It's awful!  And my back hurts quite often.  But I am hanging in there.  The biggest new symptom, is that for the past 24 hours, I have finally been having contractions, and I am losing my mucous plug (TMI sorry!).  But it's great, because it means I am getting close!

Cravings:  Water, pineapple, fruit, sweets.  Exercise.  I want to run, hike, bike, ANYTHING!

What I've bought so far:  What haven't I bought?  How about what I want to buy....clothes that are pink or blue!  I want gender specific clothes like you wouldn't believe!

Best moment this week:  Seeing Shawn and Morgan and Oliver, and knowing that Steve and I will have what they have soon.  Oliver is so amazing and so cute and sweet.  And they are such great parents, and a true team.  I can't wait to have what they have.  :)

What I miss:   Snuggling with Steve, sleeping thru the night, not feeling like it is such a chore just to move!  Exercise!

What I am excited for this week:  Could this be the week?  I am hoping so, that's why I finally caught up on blogging.  Baby come out and play!



No comments:

Post a Comment