Monday, February 28, 2011

36 weeks and baby class

Last week we started our 3 part class at the hospital where I am delivering.  It's a three hour class, three Wednesdays in a row.  There were about 10 other couples there, and I was the second furthest along.  So far we have learned breathing techniques, pain management, stages of labor, and just a general what to expect from labor, delivery, and the hospital.  It's somewhat redundant to what we have read/heard, but was a good review, and made things seem more real!

Also had my 35 week appt last week, and now I go every Friday.  I am getting pretty big and uncomfortable.  I know I've said that before, but now I am seriously uncomfortable.  Haha.  I still haven't had any contractions.  But I am now dilated 1 cm and 30% effaced.  And I am measuring one week ahead.  So things are moving along!

We also got our chair for the nursery delivered this week.  I will post pictures soon.  We have all the furniture now, just need to put a few things up on the wall, buy a few more last minute things, and put up the curtains and valance.  It's a really cute peaceful nursery, and I can't wait to have a baby to put in it!

Best of all, March 9th was my last day of working in the office.  Tomorrow I get to wake up when I work, and just work from home.  I will still have to go in to get mail and go over things with the doctors, but I am officially done with the office for awhile!  I couldn't be more excited!

Here's my 36 week pictures.  Wow, I am big!  The funny thing is, people keep telling me how small I look.  They are crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment